Financial assistance opportunity in the Research Support Module for doctoral students from Ukraine.
Addressing the appeal by staff members of our University concerning arrangements for initiatives in support of Ukrainian research community, I inform you than an opportunity has been instituted for the funding of projects by doctoral students from Ukraine under the funds of the ID.UJ programme allocated for the implementation of the Research Support Module (Annex 3 to the Ordinance no 14 by JU Rector of 28 January 2022).
1) Financial assistance provided as part of the Research Support Module may be provided to persons who are Ukrainian citizens and arrived in Poland after 24 February 2022, and who, before the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, were enrolled in doctoral programmes (Candidates of Sciences) or were doctoral students and worked on their doctoral dissertations at Ukrainian universities or other research institutions, who want to conduct or continue their research or development work at Jagiellonian University.
2) The call operator must provide them with an academic supervisor (an academic teacher employed at Jagiellonian University, holding the degree of doctor with habilitation or the title of full professor) active in the participant doctoral student’s discipline or a related one, and make efforts to help them integrate with the research community.
3) A proposal outlining the research tasks to be carried out, their schedule and budget shall be submitted by the doctoral student in consultation with their academic supervisor on dates and on locations specified by the call operator. The proposal shall be filled out either in Polish or in English. Template proposal is attached as Annex 1 to this Communication. Accepted will be only proposals submitted electronically using the form available at: https://forms.office.com/r/3Xv3VbGUB7
4) Proposals are accepted in a continuous call until the exhaustion of the funds allocated by the call operator for the implementation of the hereby assistance measure in the Research Support Module.
5) Basic financial assistance shall be provided to the doctoral students under civil-law contracts. The amount of a monthly salary may correspond to the maximum amount of the scholarship paid to doctoral students at Doctoral Schools before interim evaluation, i.e. PLN 2371.70 gross. Please make sure that you fill out the proposal with full costs of remuneration, i.e. PLN 2779.39 a month (gross amount including payer costs) In the case of doctoral students with disabilities, the amount of the monthly assistance may be increased by 30% of the basic amount (PLN 3083.21 and PLN 3613.21, respectively).
6) Additional assistance to research tasks must be in compliance with the list of eligible costs indicated in § 4.3 of Annex 3 to the Ordinance no 14 by JU Rector of 28 January 2022.
7) The assistance may be offered for a period of up to 12 months.
8) The doctoral student and their academic supervisor must submit a report on the implementation of the assistance within 30 days of concluding research activities at JU.
9) Administrative assistance for the programme is provided by the call operator in accordance with regulations applicable under the ID.UJ programme throughout JU entities.
Research Support Module terms of implementation are available at: https://bip.uj.edu.pl/dokumenty/zarzadzenia-rektora/-/journal_content/56_INSTANCE_3zKsPCSjd07U/1384597/149754188.