OA journals funding (second edition)
Name of the action(s) under which the call is announced:
The Heritage PRA announces the OA publication funding call (second edition), funded under the action ‘open access,’ for projects dealing with the areas defined in the Heritage PRA Strategy (available at https://id.uj.edu.pl/heritage in the tab Strategy 2020-2025) and for the dissemination of their results.
Name(s) of the research domain(s), name(s) of the discipline(s) addressed by the call:
Submitted in the call may be research projects in the humanities and social sciences.
Funding proposals may be submitted by editors-in-chief of journals published by the Jagiellonian University.
The call is intended to support actions aimed at enhancing a journal’s international standing, in particular:
- proofreading of articles written in a foreign language, abstracts, articles and metadata, content on the website and communications of the editorial office with foreign entities;
- purchase of journal management software or a licence;
- purchase of anti-plagiarism software or purchase of anti-plagiarism software licences;
- modifications entered to the journal’s functioning website, maintenance of the journal’s existing website or complete development of the journal’s website;
- purchase of DOIs;
- actions related to disseminating information on the journal internationally.
Terms of entry in the call:
The funding may be awarded to an academic journal published by the Jagiellonian University, which:
- is indexed in the Scopus international journal database;
- publishes articles in foreign languages as appropriate for a given scientific discipline;
- has adopted and implements the principles of publication ethics following the guidelines of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics);
- allows for dissemination of research papers published therein in the open access mode on the Internet free of financial, technical or legal barriers (the Gold OA) and uses double blind peer review;
- The project’s goals should correspond with the goals of the EI.JU strategic programme and the Heritage PRA Strategy.
At least half of the members in the applying journal’s editorial board, scientific board and the reviewer team are representatives of foreign research institutions. In justified circumstances the funding may be granted to a journal which does not meet this condition.
Eligible under the call are projects with duration of 12 months or 24 months.
The call’s financial envelope is PLN 50,000.
The maximum amount of funding per mini-grant is PLN 25,000 for one-year projects and PLN 50,000 for two-year projects.
Submission dates and mode:
Submissions are accepted from 26 January to 5 February 2021, exclusively at: email@example.com.
Date and manner of announcing the results:
Call results (a ranking list of projects recommended for funding) will be published on the website of the PRA within 4 weeks of the deadline for submissions.
The call committee awards the proposals points ranging from 0 to 100, provided that:
- relevance of the planned tasks with regard to purpose and their relevance for the journal’s publishing and editorial practice advancement and its effect for the journal’s internationalisation may be granted 0-70 points.
- compliance of the planned expenses with the eligible costs and justifiability of their amount may be granted 0-30 points.
Proposals scoring below 50 per cent of points available in any category shall not be awarded funding.