Scientific Minigrants call for beginner researchers at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University 2021 - closed
The Scientific Minigrants call for beginner researchers at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Jagiellonian University 2021 is organized as part of SciMat PRA at the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science (FMCS). The aim of the call is to support the scientific development of FMCS and to increase the application potential of students and doctoral students of the Jagiellonian University.
RESULTS: The list of winners is available in DOWNLOAD FILES.
Basic information about the terms of the call:
- The call is open to students of BSc and MSc studies conducted by FMCS and participants of PhD studies conducted by FMCS and doctoral students of mathematics or computer science education paths at the Doctoral School of Exact and Natural Sciences of the Jagiellonian University.
- The application must indicate a scientific supervisor who has agreed to supervise the project. In the case of a doctoral student, it is his / her thesis director, if appointed, or a research tutor.
- The funds granted may only be used for the purchase of research equipment (laptop, tablet, etc.) or for research visits including participation in conferences and visits as part of scientific cooperation.
- The maximum amount of financing for a single project amounts to PLN 5,000.
- The duration of the minigrant cannot exceed 12 months from the moment of obtaining financing.
- The call starts on April 8 2021, the application deadline is May 6, 2021.
- Detailed information can be found in the call's terms and conditions.
The applicant should:
- Complete the online form on the call's website: https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl/Konkurs/Overview/75
- Fill in and attach the application form downloaded from the competition website in .docx or .odt format
- Prepare and attach a substantive description of the project in pdf format (maximum 2 A4 pages).
- Add the signed opinion and declaration of the scientific supervisor in pdf format.
- Add two recommendation letters from FMCS research staff members (other than the scientific supervisor).