Translation and proofreading funding in the Heritage PRA (first special edition)
Name of the PRA: Heritage PRA
Name of the action(s) under which the call is announced: Open Access.
Accepted under the call may be proposals of publications concerned with any of the six research domains set out in the Strategy of the Heritage PRA.
Prospective entrants: Prospective entrants are:
- academic teachers employed by the JU;
- staff members who conduct research activity, in particular non-academic research-assistance staff or library staff, or information staff employed by the Jagiellonian University, who have submitted a declaration pursuant to Article 265, section 5 of the Act of 20 July 2018 on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended);
- Doctoral students enrolled at a JU doctoral school;
- Doctoral students enrolled in a JU doctoral programme commenced before the academic year 2019/2020;
- Students of programmes offered by the JU.
In the case of collaborations or multiple-author scholarly works, the requirements named above apply to at least a correspondent author.
Terms of entry in the call
Funding may be awarded to:
- an author of an academic article, who has not received invitation to publish or confirmation of acceptance for publication in an academic journal listed in a group awarded under separate regulations at least 100 points or in proceedings from an international conference awarded under separate regulations at least 100 points, if the article is accepted in the evaluation process, part of this call
- regardless of invitation to publish, confirmation of acceptance for publishing, signing a contract or obtaining a confirmation of interest in publishing, the funding may be awarded also to an author of a scholarly work intended for publication in an academic journal awarded under separate regulations fewer than 100 points, or in proceedings from an international conference awarded under separate regulations fewer than 100 points, is intended for publication in a journal classified below Level 2; if the article, the proceedings from an international conference or the publisher have been found by the Committee to be of significance for the advancement of science in a given domain or discipline, and the scholarly work is approved in the evaluation process.
Conditions to be met by the publications considered for funding:
- The monograph / article in the monograph subject matter is consistent with the objectives and at least one research domain specified in the Strategy of the Heritage PRA, announced at www.id.edu.uj.pl;
- The author of the publication has declared the choice of the open access option.
The call’s financial envelope: PLN 150,000.
Submission dates and mode. Submissions, in an electronic form, are accepted at: https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl
The call will open on 16 February 2021 at 1 p.m. The call is planned as a continuous call open until 2 July 2021 or until the exhaustion of funds.
Date and manner of announcing the results: Information on funding award will be emailed to you within two weeks of proposal submission.
Link to the call's terms and conditions below.