Translation and proofreading funding in the Heritage PRA: continuous call (first edition)
Name of the PRA: Heritage PRA
Name of the action(s) under which the call is announced: Open Access.
Accepted under the call may be proposals of publications concerned with any of the six research domains set out in the Strategy of the Heritage PRA .
Prospective entrants are:
- academic teachers employed by the JU;
- staff members who conduct research activity, in particular non-academic research-assistance staff or library staff, or information staff employed by the Jagiellonian University, who have submitted a declaration pursuant to Article 265, section 5 of the Act of 20 July 2018 on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2020, item 85, as amended);
- Doctoral students enrolled at a JU doctoral school;
- Doctoral student enrolled in a JU doctoral programme commenced before the academic year 2019/2020;
- Students of programmes offered by the JU,
In the case of collaborations or multiple-author scholarly works, the requirements named above apply to at least a correspondent author.
Terms of entry in the call:
Funding may be awarded to:
- an author of a research paper dealing with a research topic covered by the Heritage PRA who has received an invitation to publish or a confirmation of acceptance for publishing the article in an academic journal present in international scholarly circulation employing a review policy following the guidelines of COPE (Committee on Publication Ethics) from a group awarded under separate regulations at least 100 points, or in proceedings from an international conference awarded under separate regulations at least 100 points;
- an author of a publication proposal for a scholarly monograph dealing with a research topic covered by the Heritage PRA who has signed a publication contract with a Level 2 publisher;
- an author of a publication proposal for a scholarly monograph dealing with a research topic covered by the Heritage PRA, submitted with a Level 2 publisher, who has been granted a written confirmation of interest in publishing the monograph from the publisher (the funding may cover up to three standard volume units - arkusz);
- an author of a chapter in a scholarly monograph dealing with a research topic covered by the Heritage PRA who has been granted a written invitation to publish or has obtained a confirmation of acceptance for publishing the chapter from the editor of a monograph published by a Level 2 publisher.
Conditions to be met by the publications considered for funding:
- The monograph / article in the monograph subject matter is consistent with the objectives and at least one research domain specified in the Strategy of the Heritage PRA, announced at www.id.edu.uj.pl;
- The text has been accepted for publication and received favourable reviews;
- The author has received the publisher’s confirmation that the work has been accepted for publication;
- The author of the publication has declared the choice of the open access option.
The call’s financial envelope: PLN 150,000
Submission dates and mode: Submissions, in an electronic form, are accepted at: https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl
The call will open on 8 February 2021 at 5 p.m. The call is planned as a continuous call open until 2 July 2021 or until the exhaustion of funds.
Date and manner of announcing the results: Information on funding award will be emailed to you within two working weeks of proposal submission.