Heritage PRA mini-GRANTS (third edition)
- Name of the call: Heritage PRA mini-GRANTS (third edition)
- Name of the PRA: Heritage PRA
- Name of the action(s) under which the call is announced:
The Heritage PRA announces the Heritage PRA mini-GRANTS (third edition) call, funded under the action ‘Incentives Programme’ for projects dealing with the areas defined in the Heritage PRA Strategy (available at: https://id.uj.edu.pl/heritage in the tab Strategy 2020-2025) and for the dissemination of their results.
- Name(s) of the research domain(s), name(s) of the discipline(s) addressed by the call:
Submitted in the call may be research projects in the humanities and social sciences.
- Prospective entrants:
Funding proposals may be submitted by academic researchers, university research-assistance staff and doctoral students of the Jagiellonian University.
- Terms of entry in the call:
Eligible under the call are projects with duration of up to 12 months. Tasks planned under the mini-grant may not be financed from other sources.
A mini-grant serves in particular supporting:
- theoretical or empirical preliminary/pilot research;
- the implementation of other auxiliary research-related actions;
- educational actions that involve participation of students and doctoral students in research teams;
- publishing projects
- outreach and community engagement actions for the dissemination of the results of research dealing with heritage and cultural diversity.
The mini-grant project’s goals should correspond with the goals of the EI.JU strategic programme and the Heritage PRA Strategy. The Heritage PRA mini-GRANTS serve the following purposes:
- Increasing the impact of the Jagiellonian University on the advancement of science globally through supporting financially research activity aimed at increasing the number of papers published in renowned journals and at increasing the success rate in applying for external funding, including international institutions.
- Consolidating research collaboration with renowned foreign research institutions through increasing participation of JU scholars in international research cooperation and in the development of partnerships with foreign entities.
- Improving research and soft skills of the JU’s academic staff by supporting the advancement of researchers employed at the Jagiellonian University in the their pursuit of scientific excellence.
- Pursuing the mission of the Jagiellonian University and Polish science by supporting research on Poland as a platform for the cooperation of interdisciplinary research networks connecting researchers investigating societies, cultures, law and religions of the East-Central Europe in connection with global processes.
- Increasing the social impact of the humanities and social sciences pursued at the Jagiellonian University: on the local, regional and global level.
- The call’s financial envelope is PLN 750,000.
- The maximum amount of funding per mini-grant is PLN 15,000.
- Submission dates and mode:
The call is open from 1 October to 2 November 2021, with submissions accepted exclusively on line via the https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl system (log in using the university account credentials).
The call will open on the platform on 1 October 2021 at 4 p.m.
Evaluation preliminary stage:
- Upon closing the call the proposals are subject to formal evaluation, in particular reviewed for completeness, correspondence with the goals of the EI.JU strategic programme and the Heritage PRA Strategy.
- The Evaluation Committee may return a proposal and demand that it be completed within a stated period of time.
- Proposals in which the cost estimate does not include individual eligible costs with explanation of the components and justification of the amounts adopted, rendering the evaluation of budget relevance impossible, shall be considered incomplete.
- Projects should be planned in accordance with the principle of economy, i.e. in a purpose-oriented and purposeful manner which at the same time yields the best possible effects.
- Work in the project should commence no earlier than 2 January.
- Proposals filled out with ineligible costs, in particular non-regulatory remuneration, shall be returned for correction.
- The Applicant is obliged to complete an on line proposal in the system https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl before the date indicated by the Evaluation Committee.
- In the event of failure to make good the irregularities within the stated period of time the proposal shall be disregarded.
- Date and manner of announcing the results:
The call results (ranking list of the projects recommended for funding) are planned to be announced on the Heritage PRA website on 16 December 2021
- The call committee awards the proposals points ranging from 0 to 100, provided that:
- the proposal’s merit-based value, taking into account its compliance with the EI.JU Strategy and goals, may be awarded up to. 60 points
- budget relevance may be awarded up to 15 points
- research plan may be awarded up to 15 points
- collaborative aspect, in particular participation of students in the project team, may be awarded up to 5 points
- confluence with the missions of the Jagiellonian University may be awarded up to 5 points
Proposals scoring below 60 points shall not be awarded funding.
- Call’s terms and conditions (available in download files).