The 2nd Open Science competition in Digiworld PRA
The DigiWorld PRA announces the Open Science competition for funding of proofreading and translation of academic articles and research monographs, and open access publication of articles and monographs thematically related to the DigiWorld research area (see PRA Description) with the most prestigious journals and publishers.
In particular, we are looking forward to receiving applications concerning interdisciplinary academic publications, those produced as a result of international collaboration, and/or those co-authored by JU students or doctoral students.
The total pool of funding is PLN 100,000. The funding limit per application is PLN 15,000. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis from 10th September to 16th December 2021 or until the competition budget is exhausted.
To apply for funding, please complete and submit the electronic Otwarta Nauka competition form at https://strefaid.uj.edu.pl. Incorrectly filled forms should be corrected within 5 working days of receiving them. In extraordinary cases, please send your application by e-mail to:
email@example.com (subject line "[Otwarta Nauka 2021] Wniosek"; the application must contain all details specified in the electronic form).
The selection of successful applications is under the charge the DigiWorld PRA Executive Tea, headed by the Coordinator.
Essential changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Any Jagiellonian University employee that conducts research can become a beneficiary
- Students and PhD candidates (not employed at JU) cannot be beneficiaries; another programme is planned for this group
- It is not required to present a publishers decision or contract at the application stage; such publishing confirmation is needed only before any payments are made
- The decision about financing an application is issued within 10 working days since correct submission
- It is now possible within proofreading and translation funding to purchase a short-term licence for software assisting in such tasks